Senior Executive organized and efficient with 30 years supporting top-tier executives in state government, higher education, and private sector. Possesses knowledge in executive management as well as human resources, business accounting and payroll procedures including taxes. Operates with a strong sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Experienced in minimizing risk exposure via strong quality control measures and controls that protect against fraud.
Areas of Expertise
- Proficient Executive Administrator – Team Leadership – Excellent Communication Skills – Staff Development
- Accurate And Detailed – Advanced Ms Office Suite Knowledge – Hiring And Recruitment
- Planner And Coordinator – Efficient Office Management Skills – Conflict Resolution
Career Highlights and Accomplishments
- Created a consolidated at-a-glance Department Budget Variance report for Executive staff to use in daily operations, planning future department initiatives, and developing overall business strategies.
- Succeeded in helping CEO bring organization within budget at the close of the fiscal year for five consecutive years.
- Researched, compiled, and maintained a database of approximately 3,000+ community leaders for direct mail campaigns.
- Eliminated scheduling conflicts by developing weekly at-a-glance calendars of agents’ marketing activities, office schedules, etc.
- Took initiative to help organizations on reducing costs by bringing all vendor accounts current; submitted invoices on a timely basis to avoid accumulated finance charges and late fees.
- Increased department business certification by 5% within six months.
- Researched, proposed, organized, and implemented a newly enhanced University Donor Recognition Program.
Chief Administrative Office- Hollywood, FL
The Foundation For Sickle Cell Disease Research
- Manage the organization’s administration and strategic planning
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Organize and coordinate inter-and intradepartmental operations
- Oversee resource allocation and budgeting
- Provide guidance to subordinate staff and evaluate the performance
- Resolve issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting to senior management
Compliance Manager – Miami-Dade County Public Schools, Miami, FL
Office of Economic Opportunity(OEO)
- Coordinate department outreach activities to ensure compliance with ethical standards.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Review policies to comply with changes to OEO standards.
- Present business certification projects to the community, at large, for small business participation.
- Co-Chair of the 2019 Summer Synergy for Miami County Public School Principles.
Chief Administrative Officer – New Mount Olive Baptist Church, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Managed a 4.5K budget with a significant surplus at the end of each fiscal year.
- Provided full administrative executive support to the Senior Pastor and oversees senior-level projects to ensure completion and strategic alignment.
- Responsible for developing and increasing the proficiency and productivity of an executive leadership level staff, allowing increased concentration on the organization’s operational, and strategic initiatives.
- Assisted in generating 12.5K funding for the new church campus development project for 2019.
- Prepared preapproval financial portfolio for presentation to lending institutions for review/approval.
- Restructured the organization and implemented a more profitable and efficient structure.
Executive Assistant – Florida Memorial University, Miami Gardens, FL
Office Of Institutional Advancement
- Served as the Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
- Reviewed grant applications and provided recommendations for funding opportunities.
- Directed and managed implementing: donor stewardship, gift and pledge processing, generation of receipts and acknowledgments, data acknowledgments, donor recognition, donor research and creation of reports and scholarship programs.
- Created and maintain policies and procedures for all aspects of Advancement Services.
- Assured the timely production and dissemination of annual Donor Reports and letters.
- Coordinated campaigns including the Annual Faculty and Staff Campaign and UNCF Campus Campaign.
Executive Assistant – Florida Agricultural And Mechanical University, Tallahassee, FL
Office Of The President
- Served as the Executive Assistant to the Chief of Staff and the University Board of Trustees Liaison.
- Assisted in the coordination, guidance, direction of the overall duties and responsibilities of the Board of Trustees for the University.
- Reviewed recommendations, proof briefing material, and proposals requiring the Chief of Staff’s approval.
- Managed itineraries/calendars; arranged meetings, travel arrangements, and prepared travel reimbursement vouchers.
Executive Assistant – Florida Department of Business and Professional, Tallahassee, FL
Office of The Secretary
- Served as Executive Assistant to the Governor’s Appointee Agency Head and Chief of Staff for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Managed executive level projects for the agency head in the most effective and efficient manner; made independent judgment calls and decisions to represent the views and opinions of the agency head and chief of staff as well as the policies and procedures of the department.
- Handled extremely sensitive special assignments and projects from the Office of the Governor.
Management Analyst II – Florida Department of Business and Professional, Tallahassee, FL
- Served as the administrative assistant to the Bureau Chief of Financial Management.
- Distributed and maintained monthly budget/purchasing reports.
- Managed the department Public Records and Internship Coordinator for the Bureau of Law Enforcement.
Fiscal Assistant I – Florida Department of Labor & Employment Security, Tallahassee, FL
- Verified fraud and overpayment and cash receipt transmittals monthly for the department.
Fiscal Assistant II – Florida Department of Children and Families, Tallahassee, FL
- Prepared and audited large volumes of account payable payment packages involving purchase orders, receiving reports, invoices, and necessary documents to support payment in accordance with the department’s rules and
regulations, the Florida Administrative Code, and Florida Statutes.
Education and Professional Development
- Ph.D., Educational Leadership (Present) – FLORIDA AGRICULTURAL & MECHANICAL UNIVERSITY
- MS, Public Administration (2012) – FLORIDA AGRICULTURAL & MECHANICAL UNIVERSITY
- BS, Political Science (Public Administration Minor) (2007) – FLORIDA AGRICULTURAL & MECHANICAL UNIVERSITY
- Professional Development: Admin Professional Publications (ongoing) Management Skills for Administrative Professionals Seminar (2000)
- Microsoft Office 365 Applications Training – Skillsoft/Certification Online courses to prepare for 2018
- Technical Skills: MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project 2016, Creative Solutions, Scheduler, Publisher, QuickBooks, Project Planner, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, FileMaker Pro
MEMBER, ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA SORORITY, INCORPORATED| MEMBER, THE LINKS, INCORPORATED FORT LAUDERDALE (FL) CHAPTER| MEMBER, URBAN LEAGUE, INCORPORATED